Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tool #2



"Share your thoughts about building and participating in an online community and participating in a PLN. What points stoof out to you from the commenting advice? Were you able to apply any of the advice in your comments. How did you feel about sharing your thoughts publicly? Was it different than when you're sharing your successes/challenges with your teammate? 
Share the url/name of a blog or social network you plan to visit in the future. What does that site have to offer?"

I read some (some meaning very minimal) blogs in my personal time, and never really consider participating in blogs by commenting. I did read the commenting advice and thought it would be helpful advice for when and if I ever did comment on a blog and wanting to spark a conversation. Also, if wanting to start a blog/ discussion online in my class these would be helpful pieces of information to share with my students. I do not feel comfortable sharing my thoughts publicly whether I am agreeing or disagreeing. Yes, in college I had to comment on blogs, but out in the world wide web I keep to myself. I would much rather discuss with my team face to face. Sometimes, meanings can be lost through typing and things can be read incorrectly. Sharing ideas face to face, meanings being lost is easily fixable.


I said before I sometimes read some blogs, but reading blogs is not something I do daily or on a regular basis. The sites that I plan (hopefully) visiting are all teacher based websites. These sites could give me some fresh ideas on things to do in my classroom, classroom management, or technology based blogs to help incorporate into my classroom. 

http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com/
http://www.freetech4teachers.com/
http://blog.englishcentral.com/

1 comment:

  1. Good job so far...bet that new baby takes up most of your time. Only 9 more to go...don't forget to go into Atomic Learning and do the assessment when you are finished then Print out your certificate and save it as a digital copy.

    ReplyDelete