Monday, August 13, 2012

Tool #8

"After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall. How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?"

I plan on using my ipad in the classroom through the activeboard apps, also by letting my students record each other when practicing for speeches. I think watching themselves could be really beneficial, so they can critique themselves and see on their own what they can improve on. I believe that we are getting some ipods (for debate). For the debate students, I think this could help them memorize their pieces. They could record themselves and put it on the ipod, then play it back to memorize.

I saw the suggestion to incorporate stations for the devices, and I think that is a great idea. I could see the benefits of using stations throughout the classroom and having a group of students work on speeches, while other research, and other write speeches, etc, etc. To manage my devices, of course, number one thing to do it monitor monitor montior, but then I stop a few minutes early to collect all electronics, so when the bell rings noone is walking away with an ipad or ipod.


No comments:

Post a Comment