- Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective? It is important to tie technology in to the objective because I believe it holds the teacher accountable for teaching the technology to the students. Also it gives the teacher an outline to follow to know what is expected out of them each day, what they have planned for themselves. We need to teach students the technology and let them use the technology so they know how to use it correctly.
- Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers? I think if we had students document what they did at their station/center. I would then take a grade on what the student had accomplished in their station. Also, I would maybe have check points. Once they get to a checkpoint they would get a grade or a check, then all checks added up would equal a grade.
- Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like. How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
The Studyladder website might be helpful in building vocabulary. There are also websites such as flashcardmachine.com that is solely dedicated to making flashcards to quiz students. I think if you had students write how many they got right, so raise their hand so you can write down how many they got right. I would not give them a grade on how many they got right or wrong, but just so you can see they are actually participating.
- List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
mprompt- is an app that turns your ipad into a telepromter. Students could practice speaking outloud in small groups to practice their eye contact and pronunciation.
speakerclock- is a big clock that keeps time for the presenters. Can practice with this AND use this during presentations.
- What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station. I think that my students could do research and use the news apps on the ipads. They would need to take notes and turn their notes in. Also they could use keynote to outline a powerpoint presentation which would also be taken for a grade. Even the activeboardapp could be used because they could control their presentation without having to look at the board the whole time. They would need to practice in stations. If they practiced it would show in their final presentation.